Live Longer: Strategies To Add Extra Years To Your Life
Would you like to get more out of your life? It’s never too late to make a new choice or reverse your life’s course. One way to live a more enriched life is to be conscious of what you’re doing at every moment. This way, you stay connected with your behavior and feelings.
Here’s an example situation: You’ve decided to stop eating potato chips and chocolate. You make a pledge to yourself to watch what you eat. But two hours later, you suddenly realize you’re sitting in front of the television, bag of potato chips in hand.
Now imagine the same scenario, yet this time you behave differently. You spend some time thinking about how to ensure you avoid potato chips and chocolate. You decide to take your junk food over to a friend’s house and leave it there. At dinner, you smile to yourself as you prepare to eat a salad and baked chicken because you plan to thoughtfully focus on eating healthy.
The second scenario demonstrates the concept of living a conscious life. Knowing what you want, choosing how you spend your time, and staying in touch with your feelings are indicators of a conscious life.
There are many techniques you can implement to help you purposely live the way you want to. When you live consciously, you’re no longer a victim of the wind, being blown about this way and that way by the circumstances of your life. You can create the life you desire with conscious living.
Try these ideas to get you started and inspire you on your journey:
1. Create the life you want one step at a time. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Spend some time exploring what you already love about your life. Also investigate what you’d like to change.
- Then, think about how you can take deliberate steps to create the life you desire.
2. Seek balance in your life. For example, if you disagree with someone, take time to consider the other person’s side of the argument.
- Allow yourself to change your mind.
3. Live in the present moment. You’ve most likely heard this suggestion before. But what does it really mean to live in the moment? Consider this example:
- While you’re visiting your mother, think about her and enjoy your conversation and activities together. Avoid making your store list mentally or trying to recall what else you have to do today. Just stay in the present moment with your mother and focus on what the two of you are doing.
4. Know yourself. Awareness of your likes and dislikes is important to conscious living.
- Learn what’s important to you. Discover what makes you tick, what drives you, and what you find inspiring.
- Self-understanding is an integral part of living life consciously because if you know your preferences and motivations, you can then create circumstances that will enable you to accomplish your goals.
5. Live your own truth. As a teenager, you might have gravitated toward peers who didn’t judge you, which made you feel more comfortable. Perhaps, in actuality, you didn’t have all that much in common with them. As an adult, you can now stay more true to your own beliefs.
- When you live your truth, you stay faithful to what’s genuinely important to you.
6. Learn to let go of negativity and situations you can’t control.
- Conserve your emotional energy for what you actually can change: yourself and your own life. Now that’s conscious living!
7. Take action. Become interested and involved in the goals you’ve set. Put effort into achieving those objectives and you’ll be well on the road to living consciously.
Altering how you live your life can be an ongoing challenge. Selecting just one of the above ideas and putting it into practice will help you begin your journey toward conscious living. Living life consciously will bring you the healthier, more joyful existence that you deserve.
Are you one of the Millions of people lacking Motivation? Checkout Action Boost: Your guide to finding motivation quickly and easily.