God, My Seed of Faith
By faith, even Sarah herself received power to conceive, and she bore a child when she was past age, since she counted him faithful who had promised.– Hebrews 11:11
Today, I take the time to nurture the God Seed within me. I let it germinate in the darkness of my shifting moods and illusory challenges. I let it send delicate roots of wisdom into my heart and tender shoots of love into my mind. I let It feed on the kindness of loved ones and strangers alike. I water it with Words of Truth, the energy of possibility, and my devotion to God through prayer, meditation, and other spiritual practices. I surrender myself to the ever expanding Christ.
Let Us Pray:
Father, we love You and thank You for Your creative presence within us. We appreciate our expanding awareness of Your activity in our heart and our mind. Although we may not be able to explain the mystery of Your nature, nor the surprising wonder of Your ways, we can feel You stirring within us and cultivate the feeling as we endeavor to experience greater intimacy with You. Even as we would tend a garden we love, we nurture the seed ideas of faithfulness, wholeness, completeness, and Divine sufficiency. We grow in the awareness of You as the One in Whom we find fulfillment.
Thank You, God! Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Holy Spirit!
That which you sow, you don’t sow the body that will be, but a bare grain, maybe of wheat, or of some other kind. But God gives it a body even as it pleased him, and to each seed a body of its own. – 1 Corinthians 15:37-38
Go forth my friend cultivating the God seed in you.
By now you must’ve heard of The Secret, a book by Rhonda Bryne that talks about the Law of Attraction and how to use The Secret in your life. But have you read the book or seen the movie and tried to incorporate the tips into your life but failed? If so, it’s okay! You’re not alone.
That frustration stems from the fact that The Secret really only skims the surface on what you need to do in order to change your life. To help you have the success you’re after, we’ve compiled a few tips to help you achieve your deepest desires!
How to Use The Secret In Your Daily Life
The basic premise of The Secret is that you attract the things you constantly think about. To help make sure you stay on track with manifesting your desires, make a list. You may think you know what you want, but those thoughts are often vague or not put in the right perspective.
• Get specific. Instead of writing that you want to be out of debt, you need to visualize that you have all the money you could ever need and desire. Think of your credit card statements with a zero balance. Think about what you will do with the money. Make your list of wants very precise all the way down to the smallest detail.
• Use visual reminders to help keep you focused. If you want a new car, then find a picture of the exact car you want. You can even go to a dealership with a friend and take your dream car for a test drive and have your friend take your picture in the car. Print the picture out and post it where you’ll see it each and everyday. You can do this
with anything you want. To attract more money, write yourself a check in the exact amount you want and post it everywhere you can see it. The mind works well with visual reminders and clues.
• Create a personal mantra or motto that you can use as a screensaver or wallpaper on your computer. Record the message on your voice mail. Write it out on small slips of paper and post those papers everywhere so every time you start to slip into negative thinking, you have a positive reminder to help you re-focus.
Reprogram Your Mind
To make sure you’re taking complete advantage of what The Secret teaches, you have to reprogram the way you think and this takes time. Making sure you have gentle reminders that help reprogram your mind will be greatly beneficial. It’s easy to slip into the old way of thinking, worrying about money, or stressing over negative things. But you can
disallow yourself to get into that negative spiral by staying focused on the positive.
Being Grateful For The Abundance Already In Your Life
You also need to be grateful for the things you have in your life right now. No, you may not have everything you want, but you have everything you need to succeed. Be thankful for each day you wake up, for the fact that you’re able to breathe and move on your own. Be thankful that you have a job, a roof over your head, and clothes on your back. Be gracious because you have someone who loves you. The only way to get more of a good thing is to appreciate the good you have.
• Create a gratitude book. Write in it whenever you have time and keep it handy so any time you feel down, you can take it out and remind yourself of all the good you have.
Follow these tips and you’ll see the magic of The Secret at work in your life.
If you are considering finding an accountability partner you may be feeling a little dubious about it. Are they really worth it or do these sessions turn into friendly chats where nothing is ever achieved?
This is going to depend on your purpose for getting an accountability partner in the first place. It will also depend on just how serious you are with your weekly or monthly goals. Any meeting can turn into a friendly chit-chat if you allow it.
My advice to you is before connecting with an accountability partner determine what your goals and desires are. Then consider how an accountability partner can help you achieve them. Do you really want to be held accountable for your actions? Or maybe you are lacking socially and are looking for more of an excuse to chat with someone? If so, then maybe being more active in social media like Facebook or Instagram may be a better alternative for you.
Once you have set your goals for wanting an accountability partner your next step is finding one. Many online forums and communities have special sections for connecting with potential accountability partners. Take a look at some of those forums which you visit frequently and see if they have one. If you are active on social media you could post that you are looking for an accountability partner. Or it might be better to approach a friend, co-worker or classmate who has goals or similar interests and ask him or her if they would consider partnering with you to help each other accomplish your dreams and goals.
If you know someone who uses an accountability partner, ask them how they created their accountability partnership. How did they get started and what do they do to support each other?
This is definitely not something that you want to rush into. It is important to find the right person so that you will both benefit from your meetings. Write out a list of qualities or traits that you are looking for. You may want a person who is of the same gender and age as you. What about time zones? Is connecting with someone on a totally different continent going to work?
Use the phone, Skype, Facebook or meet in person. Connect with possible partners and get to know them before committing to partnership. You don’t want to make a rash decision and you do want to get along with the person as well.
Remember though, that you are being accountable to each other. This means that you both need to be able to take criticism and feedback from each other. Quite often it is much easier
to be the one offering feedback than to be on the receiving end.
Plus you are going to have to be honest with your accountability partner when you don’t meet your goals and deadlines – if that happens! While there is no need to be fearful of missing a goal, you do need to know why you missed it. A family emergency may have come up or maybe you don’t know why you missed your goal. Actually this can be a good thing and a benefit to having an accountability partner.
If you are in the habit of missing deadlines it is possible that a person looking in from the outside can see things that you are missing. This could just be that your workload is so heavy that you don’t have the time to get anything new. Or they may see that you spend way too much time on Facebook, watching TV, or chatting on the phone.
Once any problem areas have been identified it is up to you to take action and remedy them. This is all part of working together as accountability partners. No one is the judge, in fact, you are both just trying to help each other set and meet goals on a regular basis.
Many business people have connected with accountability partners and have a business relationship that has lasted decades. Even college roommates who supported each other during their time in school have maintained lifelong supportive friendships. There is no reason why this couldn’t turn into a similar experience for you and your new accountability partner.
Do you have a friend, co-worker or family member who seems to have unbounded energy? There’s no need to envy them, wishing you could kindle your own energy reserves. With a few minor adjustments, you too can increase your energy and have a great day!
Try these suggestions to rev up your “engine” to enjoy a productive day:
1. Work out in the morning. For many, working out first thing in the morning lights a fire that lasts most of the day.
2. Take part in the most important meal of the day: breakfast. Avoid skipping breakfast at all costs. Breakfast is your opportunity to fuel up your engine.
• Include plenty of protein in your morning meal to energize.
• If you aren’t a breakfast eater, consider trying a milkshake powder that includes the necessary protein and nutrients to start your day. Many varieties of these types of supplements are available at your local health food store.
• Starting your day off with plenty of nutrients gives you a lasting energy boost that coffee and other caffeinated drinks lack.
3. Write out your goals for the day. Whether you’ll be staying at home or going to work, clarifying your day’s goals will ignite your energy. Once you’ve written them, jump into action and get started.
4. Take a shower in the morning after you work out. Showers tend to re-vitalize and refresh.
5. Look your best every day. Particularly if you’re going to work, your appearance contributes to your self-confidence and can provide a nice boost to your energy. When you look your best, you feel your best.
6. Use positive self-talk to strengthen your energy reserves. What you say to yourself matters greatly and can affect your energy inventory. Avoid dragging yourself down with negative self-talk – it wears you out. On the other hand, when you make a habit of complimenting and encouraging yourself throughout the day, it energizes you.
7. Get enough sleep. Getting an adequate amount of rest contributes to high-energy reserves. If you get plenty of rest, you’ll be full of energy to expend during the day.
8. Consider Aromatherapy. For example, the smell of peppermint can bring about feelings of energy and revitalization.
• Shower with peppermint soap.
• Use peppermint lotion to massage your feet and legs.
• Burn peppermint scented candles to take advantage of their aromatic effects.
9. Listen to motivational music and podcasts that promote feelings of energy. On your way to work, listen to positive messages from experts who inspire self-confidence and energy. Striving to increase your energy will make a big difference in how you approach work tasks, meetings and relationships with others. Increasing your energy ensures you’ll accomplish all that you want in your busy day. Plus, you’ll have the energy to really
enjoy your life instead of resignedly watching it pass you by.
Grab for all the gusto you’ve got! Use these tips to develop skills and techniques to energize every morning. Now, go out there and have a great day!
Are you one of the Millions of people lacking Motivation? Checkout Action Boost: Your guide to finding motivation quickly and easily.
Making the most of life means different things to different people. To determine what it means to you, you may want to do some soul-searching. Once you discover what you really desire, you can move toward it and find meaning in the process.
Helping others is an effective way to receive more fulfillment from your life. You can volunteer your time and talents or donate money or items to a worthy or charitable cause. In doing so, you may find a sense of peace and joy that you didn’t have before. Of course, when times are tight, you may find it difficult to give financially. However, there are always ways to help.
Give of Yourself
When you give of yourself to get more joy from your life, keep in mind that giving takes many forms. Consider all that you have to offer. Sometimes just listening to someone’s troubles or lending a hand to help can make a huge difference. By helping others to lead fulfilling lives, you will enrich your own.
To get the most from your life and move forward toward the life you desire, look for any ways that you can be a help to other people.
Try these ideas to get you started:
1. Offer time to a hospice or nursing home where you can cheer up residents.
2. Provide financial support, material items, or time to a charity you believe in.
3. Use your abilities or time to support a program that helps underprivileged people.
4. Share your time with your loved ones to help them succeed and move forward in life.
5. Provide support for animals in your community so they have shelter and food.
Remember Your Own Needs
When you start to care for others, you’ll enjoy a healthy dose of personal fulfillment, but you’ll still need to tend to your own needs, too. You’ll be more helpful to others if you also take time for yourself. Rest and relaxation is important for your own life satisfaction.
Prayer and meditation can be a good way to find some peace and relaxation. The key is to find what works for you and then practice it. The better you feel and the more energy you have, the more you can offer to others. This, in turn, re-energizes you more and makes you feel even better about yourself.
Avoid worrying too much about the things you cannot change. That can be easier said than done, but it’s very important. When you get worried and stressed out, your energy is devoted to managing your challenges instead of to helping others. By focusing on the beauty in life and refraining from negativity, you usher in feelings of peace and joy.
When you feel relaxed in your mind and heart, it’s much easier to feel fulfilled and joyous. You also demonstrate harmonious living to the world, which can bring relief and happiness to others who might be struggling. In cultivating inner peace, you bring satisfaction to yourself and others, rewarding you with the fulfilling life you deserve!
Are you one of the Millions of people lacking Motivation? Checkout Action Boost: Your guide to finding motivation quickly and easily.
Even if you look and feel great, there are always steps you can take, every day, to improve your body and mind. It takes constant work to improve your life, even when you have achieved what you believe is your personal best.
So with that said, we all can use some healthy living tips to ensure that we are the best we can be every day.
Healthy Living Tips to Improve Your Body and Mind
It doesn’t matter if you are in perfect shape or you have created your own unique “shape” over the years there are always simple strategies that will continue to improve how you look, feel and think. After all, without constantly improving your body and mind, you won’t be able to reach greater heights and experience new things.
The most essential mental and physical health tip is to enjoy quality sleep. Getting enough sleep will boost your health and productivity, and it will rejuvenate your body and mind. Some people may believe that sleep is overrated, but study after study has shown that those who get at least eight hours of sleep look and feel better than those who don’t. It can be
tempting to skimp on the number of hours of sleep you get, but it isn’t worth it. Skipping sleep takes a toll on your brain’s ability to function, your appearance, and on your overall long-term health. So do yourself a favor and skip the late night talk shows and midnight snacks tonight!
There’s another easier-said-than-done tip that I’m sure you’ve heard many times before. Any guesses? Exercise, of course! Whether you are trying to lose weight or you’re at your target weight, it can be tempting to skip exercise. No matter how you slice it, it’s not going to do you any good. Not only does exercise help you look good, but it also helps you feel good. Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good from top to bottom and stress literally drips off you!
It can be difficult to incorporate these healthy living tips into your life, but there is one tool that ties everything together: the power of positive self-talk. You can use positive affirmations to help remind you of your healthy living goals. Affirmations are short statements that encourage you to sharpen your mind and body while conquering your goals and improving on your weaknesses. Affirmations can help you focus on creating and maintaining the healthy body and mind you desire because it gives you the motivation you need to focus on your most important asset you!
Some examples of affirmations include, “It is okay for me to take care of myself first,” or, “I am healthy and deserve the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.” You can use these simple positive statements throughout the day to stay motivated and focused. After all, we all need some motivation from time to time.
When you implement these strategies in your life, you’ll begin to realize just how easy it can be to lead a healthy lifestyle, especially once you have gained the right set of tools in your self-improvement toolbox!
Are you one of the Millions of people lacking Motivation? Checkout Action Boost: Your guide to finding motivation quickly and easily.
Would you like to get more out of your life? It’s never too late to make a new choice or reverse your life’s course. One way to live a more enriched life is to be conscious of what you’re doing at every moment. This way, you stay connected with your behavior and feelings.
Here’s an example situation: You’ve decided to stop eating potato chips and chocolate. You make a pledge to yourself to watch what you eat. But two hours later, you suddenly realize you’re sitting in front of the television, bag of potato chips in hand.
Now imagine the same scenario, yet this time you behave differently. You spend some time thinking about how to ensure you avoid potato chips and chocolate. You decide to take your junk food over to a friend’s house and leave it there. At dinner, you smile to yourself as you prepare to eat a salad and baked chicken because you plan to thoughtfully focus on eating healthy.
The second scenario demonstrates the concept of living a conscious life. Knowing what you want, choosing how you spend your time, and staying in touch with your feelings are indicators of a conscious life.
There are many techniques you can implement to help you purposely live the way you want to. When you live consciously, you’re no longer a victim of the wind, being blown about this way and that way by the circumstances of your life. You can create the life you desire with conscious living.
Try these ideas to get you started and inspire you on your journey:
1. Create the life you want one step at a time. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Spend some time exploring what you already love about your life. Also investigate what you’d like to change.
- Then, think about how you can take deliberate steps to create the life you desire.
2. Seek balance in your life. For example, if you disagree with someone, take time to consider the other person’s side of the argument.
- Allow yourself to change your mind.
3. Live in the present moment. You’ve most likely heard this suggestion before. But what does it really mean to live in the moment? Consider this example:
- While you’re visiting your mother, think about her and enjoy your conversation and activities together. Avoid making your store list mentally or trying to recall what else you have to do today. Just stay in the present moment with your mother and focus on what the two of you are doing.
4. Know yourself. Awareness of your likes and dislikes is important to conscious living.
- Learn what’s important to you. Discover what makes you tick, what drives you, and what you find inspiring.
- Self-understanding is an integral part of living life consciously because if you know your preferences and motivations, you can then create circumstances that will enable you to accomplish your goals.
5. Live your own truth. As a teenager, you might have gravitated toward peers who didn’t judge you, which made you feel more comfortable. Perhaps, in actuality, you didn’t have all that much in common with them. As an adult, you can now stay more true to your own beliefs.
- When you live your truth, you stay faithful to what’s genuinely important to you.
6. Learn to let go of negativity and situations you can’t control.
- Conserve your emotional energy for what you actually can change: yourself and your own life. Now that’s conscious living!
7. Take action. Become interested and involved in the goals you’ve set. Put effort into achieving those objectives and you’ll be well on the road to living consciously.
Altering how you live your life can be an ongoing challenge. Selecting just one of the above ideas and putting it into practice will help you begin your journey toward conscious living. Living life consciously will bring you the healthier, more joyful existence that you deserve.
It’s hard to keep regret out of your life. No matter where you find yourself today, there’s a chance that you’ll have certain things you wish you did differently. When you strive to look at your situation with a different perspective, you’ll gain a better understanding about life and you’ll learn to live without regret.
While you won’t be able to completely eliminate regret in your life, you can take steps to reduce it. Strive to keep your life organized and live your life your way.
Establish Your Priorities
One way to begin living without regret is to sort out your priorities. Ask yourself what ultimate goal you’re working towards. Are you happy with where you are and where you’re going? If you’re living your life according to plan and you’re happy, then you have nothing to regret.
If changes need to be made, taking small steps may be of help to you. Once you’ve made decisions that you’re comfortable with, you may feel as if a weight has been lifted from your shoulders. This is regret leaving your life!
Live By the Golden Rule
Everyone can benefit by living his or her life with the golden rule in mind. The golden rule is known in all of the world’s religions. It’s special because it’s a concept that we can all agree on, despite our differences.
Simply stated, the golden rule is: “Treat people the way you’d like to be treated.” If you do this, you’ll definitely keep your regrets to a minimum. You’ll be learning how to treat people with kindness no matter what. You’ll be learning how to treat people fairly and you’ll gain empathy. When you put yourself in someone else’s shoes before you act, you’ll be less likely to engage in an act that you’ll regret later.
Take Swift Action
The next step is to take swift action in your life. You only have one life and the time is now. If your goals are clear and you know what you want, what are you waiting for? A common regret is not doing the things that are truly important to them. You need to do these things instead of putting them off until tomorrow!
Have you always wanted to start your own business? Start one! Would you like to get back in touch with your father? Do it! Yes, it’s difficult, yet it’s also simple once you’ve made the commitment to act.
Spend Time with Loved Ones
Spend all the time you can with your loved ones. If they live far away, visit when you can and call often. Make time for your immediate family by scheduling dinners together or family nights out. Delve deep into the relationships you have with your family. A common regret is sticking to surface topics when it comes to your family. Find out the hopes, fears and even regrets of your family members. Sharing your regrets can be another way of coming to a resolution!
Ultimately, it always comes down to the fact that you can’t change the past no matter how hard you try, nor how often you think about it. All you can do is take action now to change what happens in the future. Regret clouds our current thinking and stands in the way of a happy future. But you have the power to blast through regret and move forward with your life!
The meaning of life is one of those sought after quests that can never truly be answered.
There are just too many opinions and personal definitions for any one meaning to be true for everyone. Also, there are certain topics in life that can simply never be fully described with mere words, such as true love and true self.
Some will say that discovering the meaning behind true love and your true self is the meaning of life. What do you think?
Discovering Your Purpose
While you might feel a bit confused, you can start to find meaning in your life by
discovering your true purpose. For some, this comes easily but for others it may take some deep soul searching. Your true purpose is not necessarily a job or something concrete, although it could be. There are no rules to follow, just the rules set out by your heart.
Try some of the following activities when searching for your true purpose:
1. Brainstorm. Find a time and place where you can have some quiet self-reflection. Just start writing down ideas on what you think your true purpose might be. You may not arrive at it at first, but you’ll eventually come across something that hits the nail on the head.
2. Activities and hobbies. Reflect on your favorite activities and hobbies. Can you turn
any of them into a life’s purpose? Some people feel that if they take their hobbies further it’ll start to feel like any old job. This won’t be the case if you’ve truly found your purpose.
3. Skills and intelligence. If there are certain skills and abilities that you’re good at, perhaps you should try pursuing those, even if you didn’t think you wanted to before.
• Also, you might want to look into a theory called Multiple Intelligences by Howard Gardner. Gardner describes how everyone has a type of intelligence and it might not always be what is typically accepted as intelligence, such as a high IQ.
4. Happiness. Ask yourself whether or not you’re happy in your current life situation. If you are, perhaps you’ve already found your life’s purpose or you’re on the correct path to it. If you’re unhappy, see if you can isolate the reasons why. Once you know why, you can take action to correct the imbalance.
5. Regrets. Make an effort to let go of your regrets. These never serve a positive purpose in your life. However, if you identify your regrets, perhaps you can use them to help you discover your purpose. Perhaps there’s something you regret that you can correct. Often times, it’s not too late to make a positive change!
• For example, if you’re in your 50s and you always wanted to go to college, you shouldn’t let anything stand in the way between you and your dream.
6. Religion. If you’re a religious person, it’s likely that your religion discusses life and meaning. Search through religious books or seek out a spiritual advisor to learn more about the meaning of life.
Follow Your Bliss
To put it quite simply, if you’re following your bliss, you’re on the road to discovering your true purpose. You’ll also be discovering your personal definition for the meaning of life.
Remember, you’ll always have outside influences when it comes to finding life’s meaning, but following your heart is the only true answer.